Monday, April 27, 2015

W Wanted Professionals

This is the Wired, Wonderous and Weird Wallapalooza beyond belief A-to-Z April 2015 Challenge!!!!  And I am an A to Z Participant.  And it is Day 23, Letter W!

Again this year I am writing a poem a day to celebrate National Poetry Month.  It's my FOURTH YEAR in a ROW of writing a poem a day for the A to Z Challenge. My theme this year, is signs I've photographed and poems to go with them.
Please visit other AtoZers by clicking on the W!
A truck on the highway in front of us...  Really?  That apostrophe is soooo enticing!  It LOOKS so intelligent!  "Use me!  U'se m'e!" it crie's.
This company needs professional driver's AND sign painter's (I know! No apostrophes necessary.  But they look so nice!)  Let's hope that "they're" drivers are more attentive and careful than their sign painters.


WANTED Professional Driver's Editor

I guess you can't have everything,
You can either drive or write;
You either choose good tires
Or make your punctuation tight.
I suppose that if you drove a rig
And had to pick a skill,
Safe driving would be number one -
Punctuation'd be road kill.

©Donna JT Smith, 2015

Woo-hoo! We are on to X.  I'm likin' X.  It's going to be X-tra X-citing!  And you thought I couldn't find another sign with an x.  This one won't be about kissing either.  See you tomorrow!

Oh, and don't forget to check out the Progressive Poem!  It's at Jan's BookSeed Studio today!  See the line she's added to this collaborative poem for the month of April.  It's getting to be quite the poem!  But wouldn't you expect it to be with 30 poets adding a line apiece for the month of April?

15 comments:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious! My first thought was that the professional drivers were wanted by the law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, never thought of the title meaning that! That's a good one!

      Delete
  2. Great post Donna. I cringed at that sign but reading your poem helped numb the pain.

    Thanks for sharing and good luck with the remainder of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i"m always amazed that no one demands their money back or the job redone immediately. It would drive me crazy to leave something like that.

      Delete
  3. Funny! And I didn't know you drew. That ballerina is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Drawing is not something I do very often, and haven't drawn anything for quite some time, so it wasn't too easy. Not getting perspective drives me nuts! I put them out there, like with writing, to hopefully improve.

      Delete
  4. Drive or write? I choose write. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL my dad's a professional driver and you would believe how often the question, "how do you spell...?" Gets asked at my house. You would think it would be more important for a driver to know how to string together a sentence considering you need to be able to read and give directions, pay attention to street signs, maps...
    @Get Lost in Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really both skills are important! It's really that sign painter's problem, not the driver's problem. Unfortunately, he or she has to drive with that on the back of their truck for all the world to read!

      Delete
  6. Great poem - thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun poem Donna--both writing and driving provide me with a much needed release--as long as I don't try to do them at the same time! I see I'm signed in as Loulymar (Google)--but it's really me (Mary Lou, from The BOMB). Looking forward to X (and hoping I get some sort of inspirtation for my own X post).

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really did try. I always think that driving a truck would be like getting paid to take a big fun road trip, but I'm sure it's actually nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem like it would be fun, but I don't think it really is sometimes anyway. I would hate driving in stormy weather and trying to get backed in to some of the places I've seen them go.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...