Monday, October 27, 2014

Tuesday is Slice Day

Haven't written a slice in a long time it seems.  The slices of my life are just piling up like firewood stacked for winter.  Let's take a log off and toss it in the fire.  See how it catches fire...

Sunday was my birthday.  yea.

But, the good thing was, I determined to have a book in print before my birthday, and I did.  Two days before my birthday, I uploaded my book of fall poems to Blurb (and a version to Amazon).
Yea!

You can find "The Fall of the Leaves of Fall" here.  My previous post has a preview if you go back to Saturday....

Then, today (it is Monday night as I write this), my husband took me out for an early breakfast and a photography date with our digital SLR's...anywhere I wanted to go...anywhere I wanted to stop!  I had a blast!  I think he did, too...but it was all about ME.
I got some pretty good shots of ocean, trees, red berries, grasses and such.  I'm hoping it will be seed for new poems and writings.  Haven't "developed" my "film" yet, but will get out my card reader and do that in the morning.

Ok...couldn't wait until morning...


We spent the day out - then the finale of a steak dinner at Longhorn.

I had about with a two hour "break" when I went in to school to read with second graders (love that time) - part of my regular routine this year.  Yea, again!

Now, don't forget to get your cup of coffee and head over to read everyone's slice at Two Writing Teachers!  Yea, a third time for another wonderful thing (the first yea didn't count)!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. It sounds - and looks - like you had a wonderful day, Donna (and wonderful hubby, to boot). Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very, very full day! I forgot, I also spent two hours at the elementary school in the early afternoon reading with second graders. That is always a fun time, too!

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy birthday Donna. Sounds like a fabulous day. I'm excited about your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also made a picture book of my grandson's stay with us two weekends ago: "At Nannie and Grampie's House in Maine". I took pictures and wrote a sentence on each page telling what he did here, and had it made up in a softcover for him. He got it last week and my daughter sent pictures of him poring over the book...must admit I got quite teary over seeing the joyful look on his face sitting on the couch with his book! You should do that. So, so quick and easy to make that kind of a book in Blurb's Bookify - and not too expensive. Your grandkids would love it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the idea. I will check out blurb! Maybe all the year's adventures for a Christmas gift?

      Delete
  3. Love hearing about your birthday as well as the fact that you met your goal with your book. Your words and your pictures say so much about what you value. Thanks for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I just spent time with my husband, the ocean and trees, I would be quite satisfied! (This is the third time I've responded to this post - so strange, I think I've gotten distracted each time and forgotten to click on "publish"!

      Delete
  4. Donna, congratulations on your birthday and your new book that is magnificent adorned with the colors of the season and words that spring off the page. I am hoping that you join me again for another gallery opening. This time it is "Finding Fall." According to what you have done, you have found fall in many aspects in Maine. Might you consider gracing the pages of the gallery with one or two of your published poems? I would be honored to have your words and photos pop from the online pages of the gallery (http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2014/09/falling-into-place-as-season-turns.html).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on submitting something for your beautiful (I'm sure it will be, so I'll say it now) gallery of poems and pictures for "Finding Fall". I took some pictures yesterday that I am pleased with and maybe something will come of one of them!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! It looks as though you found the perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed a nice, long day of celebration! We had a wonderful time ALL day!

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...